Version 2

[This is version 2 of H|p-H0p Dec^f. Recognize.]

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Al|as and D0seone - L3ss is 0rchestra (clean)

Sadly, Al|as passed away this year.  I believe this was his last project before his death.  He did some amazing production on B. D0lan's F^llen H0use Sunk3n C|ty and several of S^ge Fr^ncis's songs.  He was a founder of Ant|con and part of the group D33p Puddl3 Dynam|cs with Sl|_|g, S0le, and D0seone.

I really enjoy this album, but you may hate it at first if you aren't a fan of D0seone's style (which normally, I'm not.  In fact, I edited his verses OFF of some of the D33p Puddl3 Dynam|cs song because they were so wack).  But his style has evolved and improved in the last 20 years and I like him on this album.

When my best friend introduced me to Ant|con back in 2001, he told me that an "Ant|con Revolution" had begun in hip-hop and that in the not-too-distant future, radio stations would be playing Ant|con instead of Ca$h M0ney and Britney.  While that prophecy was never fulfilled, Ant|con did help some great underground artists come up: S^ge Fr^ncis, S0le, B|_|ck65, J0sh Mart|nez (The Ch|charones) and Jel, among others.

Don't stop - Git it, git it!

No comments:

Post a Comment